On a side note, I have noticed that the several other methods in classes
such as StoreChangeLogReader in Streams calls position() which causes tests
to hang. It might be out of the scope of the KIP, but should I also change
the methods which use position() as a callback to at the very least prevent
the tests from hanging? This issue might be out of the KIP, but I prefer it
if we could at least make my PR pass the Jenkins Q&A.

Thanks