Matthias,

Thanks for the review.
I reply separately in the following sections.

---
Vito

On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 1:30 PM, Matthias J. Sax <matth...@confluent.io>
wrote:

> Thanks for updating the KIP and sorry for the long pause...
>
> Seems you did a very thorough investigation of the code. It's useful to
> understand what user facing interfaces are affected.

(Some parts might be even too detailed for a KIP.)

I also think too detailed. Especially the section `Changes in call trace`.
Do you think it should be removed?

> To summarize my current understanding of your KIP, the main change is to
> introduce new exceptions that extend `InvalidStateStoreException`.

yep. Keep compatibility in this KIP is important things.
I think the best way is that all new exceptions extend from
`InvalidStateStoreException`.

> Some questions:
>
>  - Why do we need ```? Could `InvalidStateStoreException` be used for
> this purpose?

Does this question miss some word?

>  - What the superclass of `StateStoreStreamThreadNotRunningException`
> is? Should it be `InvalidStateStoreException` or `StateStoreFailException`
> ?
>
>  - Is `StateStoreClosed` a fatal or retryable exception ?

I apologize for not well written parts. I tried to modify some code in the
recent period and modify the KIP.
The modification is now complete. Please look again.