Hi Jason

Thank you for helpful comments. I updated wiki based on your advice.

I thought this option was relatively common and making maintenance easy was
also important.
However, as you said, it is not good that version option won't be shown up in
help description.

I thought accepting both single-dash and double-dash will help to find this
option.
In my approach this option won't be showed, but most of software which has this
option accepts either single-dash or double-dash.
I guess it doesn't need to support both if we take another way.

Thanks
@Ted Yeah, you're right. Sorry about the confusion.

Since we're here, I think this KIP is a nice improvement. It's definitely
nice to have an easy way to check the version. That said, do we really need
to support both `-version` and `--version`? The latter is consistent with
our current tools.

Also, I think the approach we've taken is basically to build the --version
functionality into the bash script. This is nice because it saves a lot of
work to update the commands individually and we don't need to do anything
when we add new tools. The downside is that `--version` won't show up as an
option in any of the --help output. Not sure if that is too big of a
problem, but maybe worth mentioning this in the rejected alternatives
section.

-Jason