Joan,

thanks for starting this initiative. I am overall +1

However, I am worried about applying it to `core` module as the change
is massive. For the Kafka Streams Scala module, that is new and was not
released yet, I am +1.

A personal thing about the style: the 2-space indention for JavaDocs is
a little weird.

/**
 *
 */

is changed to

/**
  *
  */

Not sure if this can be fixed easily in the style file? If not, I am
also fine with the change.

This change also affect the license headers of many files and exposing
that those use the wrong comment format anyway. They should use regular
comments

/*
 *
 */

but not JavaDoc comments

/**
 *
 */

(We fixed this for Java source code in the past already -- maybe it's
time to fix it for Scala code base, too.

-Matthias