Hi Rhys,

I think this will be a great addition.

Are there any performance benchmarks against Mirror Maker available? I'm
interested to know if this is more performant / scalable.
Regarding the implementation, here's some feedback:

- I think it's worth mentioning that this solution does not rely on
consumer groups, and therefore tracking progress may be tricky. Can you
think of a way to expose that?

- Some code can be in config Validator I believe:
https://github.com/Comcast/MirrorTool-for-Kafka-Connect/blob/master/src/main/java/com/comcast/kafka/connect/kafka/KafkaSourceConnector.java#L47

- I think your kip mentions `source.admin.` and `source.consumer.` but I
don't see it reflected yet in the code

- Is there a way to be flexible and merge list and regex, or offer the two
simultaneously ? source_topics=my_static_topic,prefix.* ?

Hope that helps
Stephane

Kind regards,
Stephane

[image: Simple Machines]

Stephane Maarek | Developer

+61 416 575 980
steph...@simplemachines.com.au
simplemachines.com.au
Level 2, 145 William Street, Sydney NSW 2010