Since there are no responses for a week, I decided to reinitiate the
discussion thread.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-110%3A+Add+Codec+for+ZStandard+Compression

This KIP is about to introduce ZStandard Compression into Apache Kafka. The
reason why it is posted again has a story: It was originally posted to the
dev mailing list more than one year ago but since it has no performance
report included, it was postponed later. But Some people (including Ivan)
reported excellent performance report with the draft PR, this work is now
reactivated.

The updated KIP document includes some expected problems and their
candidate alternatives. Please have a look when you are free, and give me a
feedback. All kinds of participating are welcome.

Best,
Dongjin

--
*Dongjin Lee*

*A hitchhiker in the mathematical world.*

*github:  <http://goog_969573159/>github.com/dongjinleekr
<http://github.com/dongjinleekr>linkedin: kr.linkedin.com/in/dongjinleekr
<http://kr.linkedin.com/in/dongjinleekr>slideshare:
www.slideshare.net/dongjinleekr