Guido Josquin created KAFKA-7053:
Summary: Spring Kafka SSL producers throwing TimeoutExceptions
Issue Type: Bug
Affects Versions: 1.0.1
Reporter: Guido Josquin
# Problem description
Spring Kafka SSL producers are throwing timeouts when producing to a Kafka
cluster with 3 brokers. I set up the cluster on Kubernetes according to
[https://github.com/Yolean/kubernetes-kafka] , altering only the broker config
and services to arrange outside access.
- The SSL configuration seems correct, since messages are sent and received for
large periods of time (e.g. hours) before showing intermittent problems.
- Both the server and clients have plenty of resources left.
- The network is stable and powerful enough (200 mbit, no downtime in the last
- The errors do not appear in a PLAINTEXT setup.
- Configurations for the three brokers are identical apart from their broker ID
- No errors appear in the broker log or Spring Kafka consumers.
`2018-06-06 11:15:44.103 ERROR 1 --- [ad | producer-1]
o.s.k.support.LoggingProducerListener : Exception thrown when sending a message
with key='null' and payload='[...redacted...]':
org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Expiring 1 record(s) for
topicname-0: 30001 ms has passed since last append`
# Detailed description
How can I find the cause of this problem?
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA