Hey Anna,

Thanks much for the explanation. Approach 1 also sounds good to me. I think
findOffsets() is useful for users who don't use automatic offset reset
policy.

Just one more question. Since users who store offsets externally need to
provide leaderEpoch to findOffsets(...), do we need an extra API for user
to get both offset and leaderEpoch, e.g. recordPosition()?

Thanks,
Dong