Okay, after much delay let's try this again for AK 2.1. Has anyone found
any concerns? Stephane suggested that we allow updating topic
configurations (everything but partition count). I'm unconvinced that it's
worth the additional complexity in the implementation and the documentation
to explain the behavior. Changing several of the topic-specific
configurations have significant impact on broker behavior / functionality,
so IMO we need to proceed more cautiously.

Stephane, do you have a particular use case in mind for updating topic
configurations on an existing topic?

Randall