The first error was complaining about this class from Kafka clients:

clients/src/main/java/org/apache/kafka/common/utils/Timer.java

It seems you haven't installed kafka clients jar into local maven repo.
You can run the following command under kafka working dir:

./gradlew installAll

I just built schema-registry successfully (by first installing common and
rest-utils)

FYI