Hi,

Thanks for the KIP.

Currently, master/secret key is stored as plain text in server.properties
config file.
Using master secret key as shared secret is again a security risk. We have
raised KAFKA-7694
to implement a ZooKeeper based master/secret key management to automate
secret key rotation.

As you mentioned in the alternatives sections, it is good to have pluggable
mechanism for
token storage and master key generation. We can implement pluggable
interfaces for token storage
and master key generation as part of KAFKA-7694. This will provide us out
of the box implementation
using ZooKeeper and pluggable interfaces for custom implementations.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Manikumar