Hi Paul.

I second Ewen and I intended to give similar feedback:

1) Can we avoid a config altogether?
2) If we prefer to add a config anyways, can we use a set of allowed values
instead of a boolean, even if initially these values are only two? As the
discussion on Jira highlights, there is a potential for more naming
conventions in the future, even if now the extra functionality doesn't seem
essential. It's not optimal to have to deprecate a config instead of just
extending its set of values.
3) I agree, the config name sounds too general. How about
"client.ids.naming.policy" or "client.ids.naming" if you want two more
options?

Konstantine