Hey folks,

I would like to start a discussion thread on adding new time/session windowed
KTable APIs for KStream:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-300%3A+Add+Windowed+KTable+API+in+StreamsBuilder

We have been working on this thread around 7 months ago, and it is successfully
applied in our internal stream applications that enable
data sharing across multiple jobs. As a matter of fact, materialization of
windowed store is definitely a concrete use case that could unblock stream
users to
build more complex modules.

Let me know if the API changes makes sense.

Best,
Boyang
KIP-300: Add Windowed KTable API in StreamsBuilder - Apache Kafka - Apache
Software
Foundation<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-300%3A+Add+Windowed+KTable+API+in+StreamsBuilder>
We have an existing table() API in the StreamsBuilder which could materialize a
Kafka topic into a local state store called KTable. This interface is very
useful when we want to back up a Kafka topic to local store. Sometimes we have
certain requirement to materialize a windowed topic (or changlog ...
cwiki.apache.org