Hi Syed,

let's keep it on the list for now so that everybody can participate :)

The different .poll() method was just an unrelated observation, the
main points of my mail were the question about whether this is the
correct metric you are looking at and replacing the payload of your
code with a println statement to remove non-Kafka code from your
program and make sure that the leak is not in there. Have you tried
that?

Best regards,
Sönke