Hi,
Just a friendly reminder to take a look at this KIP if you have the time.

I was thinking about broker vs. client default precedence, and I think it
makes sense to keep the broker as the default used when both client-side
and broker-side defaults are configured. The idea is that there would be
pretty clear documentation, and that many systems with configurations that
the client could not change would likely have the auto-create default off.
(In cloud for example).

It also seems like in most cases, the consumer config
'allow.auto.create.topics' was created to actually prevent the creation of
topics, so the loss of creation functionality will not be a big problem.

 I'm happy to discuss any other compatibility problems or components of
this KIP.

Thank you,
Justine