Hey guys,

I am working on karaf-1748, and the consensus is that we should avoid printing
stack traces on a (permission denied) FileNotFoundException on startup if the
karaf.log is not accessible.  But in order to achieve this we need to throw an
exception from BootstrapLogManager.  Currently any exception in that class just
does a e.printStackTrace() then returns a null handler (which also throws a
NPE).  So this of course prints to the console.

Is there any reason we should not throw an exception from that class and handle
it further up in the calling classes to avoid printing to the console in this
case (and possibly others)?  I believe the DefaultJDBCLock and the
SimpleFileLock would have to handle the exception along with a couple of others.

Cheers,
Heath