Apache Karaf provides higher level features and services
specifically designed for creating OSGi-based servers.

Community
=========
Indicators during the last 3 months:
- Download: around 15,000 distribution downloads
- User mailing list: 666 messages
- Dev mailing list: 542 messages
- Commits: 1110 commits

We organized a Karaf 2nd birthday concall to discussed about the Karaf and Karaf subprojects activity and define the roadmap.

Brian Topping (btopping) has been voted as a new Karaf committer.
Lukasz Dywicki (ldywicki) has been voted as a new Karaf PMC member.

Development
===========
The following new releases have been voted:
* Apache Karaf 2.2.8
* Apache Karaf 2.2.9

Karaf 2.3.0 is on the way, a first release is planned for September.

We also plan to release Karaf 3.0-RC1 during October.

Karaf WebConsole development resumed, the plan is to include WebConsole in Karaf 3.0.

We're also progressing on the other Karaf sub-projects (Cellar and EIK).

The Karaf community continues to help other Apache projects to support Karaf.

Branding
========
As commented in the latest board report, this section will be removed from the next reports.
 * project website basics: ok
 * website nav links: ok
 * trademarks: ok
 * logo: ok