Hi Guillaume,

thanks for the Head-up. The first time I had contact with some sort of
"region" was while playing around with the spring-dm-server (now Virgo) and
tbh. I didn't like it.
Especially this separation of kernel- and user-land for bundles been a big
pita and quite confusing,
the worst thing about it, I needed to install bundles twice. This is
something I surely don't want for Karaf. We need to make sure this doesn't
bloat everything as it did for Virgo.

Besides this :)
The idea of the regions especially for having spring2 and spring3
applications running on the same container does seem quite tempting. Are
bundles of the root region to be shared with the underlying region. And
doesn't the region concept go back to a hierarchical classloader? Like what
we have in a JEE server? (Beware I'm in devels advocate mode) While at it,
wouldn't this mean Karaf ends up doing the same as a standard JEE server
with the hierarchical classloader and what is the purpose of Karaf then?
Don't we loose all the benefits of OSGi at this point, shouldn't people
just develop EAR applications then again?

regards, Achim

Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>