Hi,

I worked on a showcase to embed a Apache Cassandra DB inside Apache Karaf
[1].
This could be used for either prototyping with Cassandra or as an
alternative backend for the Decanter project.
Additionally I played with some shell commands for easy debugging purposes,
for details take a look [2].
For example you're able to connect to any given Cassandra cluster issue
some CQL statements either from the command line or from a file.
Additionally I added some CQLSH like commands including completion for easy
usage of USE, CREATE, SELECT or INSERT statements. For this I needed to
alter the Karaf shell a bit (with the help of gnodet :-) ) To disable the
shell interpretation of quotes and brackets.
Now that I altered the handling in Karaf/GOGO shell in a custom Karaf [3],
the question is, can we port this back to Karaf in a way that we don't need
to alter the gogo shell stuff again and have our own classes [4]. Another
Idea that came to my mind was to have a stripped down shell that could be
used for any SQL-like command. A similar completion syntax could be used
for any SQL Select, not only for the CQL syntax of Cassandra.

regards, Achim

[1] - https://github.com/ANierbeck/Karaf-Cassandra
[2] -
https://blog.codecentric.de/en/2014/12/combining-apache-cassandra-apache-karaf/