Karaf publishes an OSGi service org.apache.karaf.features.BootFinished when bundles are started.
Not sure if you can easily work with this on the shell.

Maybe this is also something we can enhance in the ssh based shell.
We could delay the ssh shell in the same way as the local console. That would solve the problem.

Christian