> On Sep 12, 2017, at 12:22 PM, Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> It becomes a read/write github repository, so all features of github are
> available instead of just the hosting.
> Mainly, this allows using PR and merging them as you would do for any
> github repo.

Well, infra can SELECTIVELY enable various GitHub features.   For CXF, we told
them NOT to enable the GitHub issues or Wiki, but those are options if you feel
they are useful.   CXF has always used JIRA and Confluence and moving off them
now would be difficult and, until we got a better feel for the gitbox
integration, adding additional bug trackers (aka: enabling issues) just seemed
like more work for the project.   It is something that can be enabled later if
wanted.   Basically, baby steps, one step at a time.

Basically, the main benefits are:

1) Direct push to GitHub

2) Ability to manage pull requests directly in the GUI.  That includes using
the merge button and close buttons and such.  No funky “this closes ####”
commits needed.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp