Hi guys,

I have to take my duty as Karaf PMC ;)

Clearly Karaf 4.3.0 is waiting for way too long: 4.3.0-SNAPSHOT started on Feb
11, 2019 !

I discussed with Greg earlier today, and we still have work to do for Pax Web
8.0.

As I don’t want to hold Karaf 4.3.0 any longer, I took the decision to move
forward and upgrade Karaf 4.3.0 to Pax Web 7.3.x.
If Pax Web 7.3.x doesn’t fully cover R7, it covers 90% of the spec, and I’m
pretty sure most of the users don’t use the pending 10%.

So, here’s my proposal:
- I’m working on Pax Web 7.3.9 preparation during the week end (updating
container, etc)
- In the meantime, I’m preparing Karaf 4.3.0 with a cleanup of the features and
easy choice between Pax Web and Felix HTTP for the HTTP service
- In also reviewing the Jira to include the maximum I can in 4.3.0.

Reasonably, I think I will submit Karaf runtime 4.3.0 to vote next week (strong
commitment).

If you have any concern or comment about this plan, please let me know.

Thanks !

Regards
JB