That’s a good idea, but instead of the config, I would create a "runtime"
distribution with the "simple" features service (instead of the current one).

So the update proposal is:

1. Introduce autoRefresh property in etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg for
Karaf 4.2.x and 4.3.x standard distribution
2. Introduce runtime distribution in Karaf 4.3.x using the "simple" features
service (I will create a PR about that for discussion).

Good idea Romain !

Regards
JB