Hello

I'd like to let you know that I've migrated these projects from OPS4J Jira
to Github:
 - PAX TRANSX:
https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.transx/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aall
 - PAX JMS:
https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.jms/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aall
 - PAX JDBC:
https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.jdbc/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aall

These issues are taken into account:
 - Jira components, statuses, resolutions, issue types and labels are
converted to Github labels
 - Jira versions are converted to Github milestones
 - The Jira fields that couldn't be mapped, are added below "---" line in
the body of the GitHub issue (like vote/watch count, affected versions,
fixed versions and attachments)
 - Attachment links still point to Jira, but inline images are properly
displayed
 - Jira issues received "famous last comments" pointing to relevant Github
issues
 - Jira screen schemes were migrated to a scheme, were you can't create new
issue
 - HTML is converted to GitHub flavored markdown
 - all @xxx values (like @Service or @param) occurrences are properly
quoted in backticks to prevent unnecessary GitHub mentions

One remaining thing to do, which is almost ready is the conversion of Jira
issue references to GitHub issue references - but I want to do proper cross
references between Pax projects at GitHub - not only within single project.

I was inspired by
https://spring.io/blog/2019/01/15/spring-framework-s-migration-from-jira-to-github-issues
blog post which made me aware of few things.

*The biggest problem I see is that all the comments and all the issues are
created by me... Even if the creation dates are preserved, I simply can't
(and don't want to) get proper Jira - GitHub user mapping.*

In case of Spring migration, they created special GitHub user, but I can't
create another one using my gmail address. And I don't want to create weird
fake addresses.

You can check quite raw tools at
https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.tools/blob/master/jira2github/data/readme.adoc

Before I proceed with "bigger" projects like Pax Logging or Pax Web, I'd
appreciate your feedback.

kind regards
Grzegorz Grzybek