Hello,

Am Mi., 19. Mai 2021 um 11:38 Uhr schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofre <
j...@nanthrax.net>:

> Karaf5 service could be a nice location, but keep in mind that Karaf5
> service are not OSGi service (the osgi application manager is itself a K5
> service).

I guess for normal client code it doesnt matter what component establishes
the context and who provides the implementation, but the packages for the
principals should be available as a bundle (possibly system bundle?) and as
a compile dependency. (Not so sure about the container SPI if I want to
write a login handler or popularte the session context in OSGi or pure Java)

> Let me think about the roadmap/target.

I was a bit tied up lately, but you remeber we had planned to have a call
with you. Maybe specifically for Karaf5 it would be good to look into that
again. The last time an app server used a different internal module system
we moved away from it. I really hope the OSGi layer in K5 stays a first
class citizen.

BTW: let us know if we can help with the actual doing. I think Vasil is
currently looking for opportunity for contributions :)

Gruss
Bernd
--
www.seeburger.de