The following is the Apache Knox Board report for Aug 2017...
The Apache Knox Gateway is a REST API Gateway for interacting with Apache
Hadoop clusters. The Knox Gateway provides a single access point for all
REST/HTTP interactions with Apache Hadoop clusters.
There are no issues that requiring board attention at this time
The Apache Knox team is in the process of an active VOTE for our 0.13.0
While we were going to also try and make this our 1.0.0 release there were a
couple reasons to delay this milestone. We discovered a couple issues
that required a good bit of investigation and will require rigorous testing
the community before they can be considered properly complete and ready. We
took a good bit of time to try and pull in contributions from the community
many users have been looking for. Most notably in the service definitions
for proxying UIs.
## Health report:
We have continued to use the KIP-# pages to drive the primary focus of each
release and feel it is working well. The 0.13.0 release was primarily
focused on the addition of the port-mapping feature and extending UI
capabilities. It also fixes a number of bugs.
The current level of collaboration is healthy and encouraging within the
community on both mailing lists and JIRAs.
* Last release was 0.12.0: 2017-03-20 Added support for new APIs and UIs,
release module for KnoxShell, and fixed a number of bugs - through
* 0.13.0: Currently pending VOTE of the first RC
## PMC changes:
- Currently 14 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
- Last PMC addition was Sandeep More on Wed Feb 08 2017
- Have an active VOTE in progress to add one committer/PMC member
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 17 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committer addition was Sandeep More at Thu Jan 19 2017
- Active VOTE in progress for one committer (non-PMC)
## Mailing List Activity
- 80 subscribers (up 3 in the last 3 months):
- 864 emails sent to list (897 in previous quarter)
- 103 subscribers (up 10 in the last 3 months):
- 42 emails sent to list (63 in previous quarter)
## JIRA activity:
- Jira: 991 total, +14 -16 (last 30 days)
- 57 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 57 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months