From:   Dan Burkert <d...@cloudera.com>
To:     kudu-dev <dev@kudu.apache.org>
Cc:     Manish Patil/Austin/Contr/IBM@IBMUS, Sudarshan
            Jagadale/Austin/Contr/IBM@IBMUS, Nishidha
            Panpaliya/Austin/Contr/IBM@IBMUS, Valencia
            Serrao/Austin/Contr/IBM@IBMUS
Date:   09/23/2016 10:40 PM
Subject:        Re: Kudu Build: Unsupported options error

Valencia,

If these are just issues with building libstdc++ in thirdparty, then the
effect on Kudu should be negligible.  libstdc++ is *only* used (linked-to)
when building with thread sanitizer (TSAN) support.  Right now we
unconditionally build thirdparty libraries for TSAN when compiling on Linux
(including libstdc++), but you could easily opt-out by changing the
conditionals here:
https://github.com/apache/kudu/blob/master/thirdparty/build-thirdparty.sh#L86
.  It should also be noted that in the next few days Adar will be landing a
big reorganization to the thirdparty build that will make thirdparty
libraries build for TSAN when requested.  It's also going to switch out
libstdc++ for libc++ in thirdparty (still only used for TSAN).

- Dan

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 2:47 AM, Valencia Serrao <vser...@us.ibm.com>