Hi,

Data at rest encryption is almost complete, and will soon be supported, so I've
been thinking about ways to avoid breaking it.

Right now, there are several unit and integration tests that enable encryption,
but the vast majority of the tests run with encryption disabled. There is a
KUDU_ENCRYPT_DATA_IN_TESTS environment variable, which if set to true, makes
most of the tests to run with data at rest encryption enabled.

One approach that comes to mind, is to run dist-test twice in DEBUG and RELEASE
builds, once "normally", and once with KUDU_ENCRYPT_DATA_IN_TESTS=1. Another way
would be to just make sure to run tests with encryption enabled before release
and fix any problems found this way. We could also add new jobs to the test, but
as there's no need to build Kudu differently, I think it would be wasteful.

Please let me know what you think about these approaches.

Attila