Hello Kudu developers,

It seems the main developing features needed to squeeze into this
release have been merged.
I'm planning to create the 1.17.0-RC1 tag on the branch-1.17.x around
4pm Aug 1th, UTC time, leave some more days because of the coming
weekends. Please don't hesitate to cherry-pick bug fixes onto theis branch.

Best regards,
Yingchun Lai