Em.. don't think Luke has all the questions fully answered. My additions.

>    Is there a document explaining the assumptions for incremental builds.
The only assumption (or requirement) is that there is date or timestamp
column on the fact table that distinguishes the old from the new.

>    Do we allow 'updates' on a facts ?
> 1) Because of some typo the quantity came in as 100 instead of 10. What is
> the suggested approach to handle this.
So you want to refresh a built piece of data. And yes, that's doable. Kylin
cut cube into segments by time period. You can refresh (or rebuild) a
segment without impacting the rests.

> 2) Lets say the the value for dimension 1 was d1 in the facttable. Now it
> got updated to d2 for the same dimension. How does it 'deduct' from the
> aggregation for d1 for all cuboids and 'accumulate' for d2 in all cuboids.
>
>    How to support Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD). Support for type 2 and
> type 3.
The design is Kylin remembers data at the point it's built. So you may
build a daily segment on T day with category set C in lookup table; then on
T+1 day, the category lookup table is updated into C~, and with that build
a T+1 daily segment. Now if you query the cube, it will report categories
including both C and C~. More precisely Kylin will return C for T day
transactions and C~ for T+1 transactions.

If what you want is to reflect C~ in historic data, then earlier segments
have to be rebuild.