So you use the binary package from http://kylin.apache.org/download/ ?

   - apache-kylin-1.3-HBase-1.1-SNAPSHOT-bin.tar.gz

<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/kylin/apache-kylin-1.3-snapshot/apache-kylin-1.3-HBase-1.1-SNAPSHOT-bin.tar.gz>

According to the source code:
https://github.com/apache/kylin/blob/a3b8eb04955310abec158ea30f61deb0119679d1/job/src/main/java/org/apache/kylin/job/common/MapReduceExecutable.java#L78

Seems it looked for a MR job that has never existed, thus the null pointer
exception. Maybe the job has hit other failures previously? Perhaps you
should discard the whole job and rebuild again.