+1
Good idea.

----------------
Best wishes,
Xiaoxiang Yu

On [DATE], "[NAME]" <[ADDRESS]> wrote:

    Hello Kylin developers,

    After we enable the git box for Kylin code repository, when there is a PR
    merged, the "ASF Github Bot" will insert the git diff to the associated
    JIRA. We noticed this function will make the JIRA very long when the code
    change is big. Besides, when cherry-picking the change to another branch,
    it will append again. This makes it is too hard for a human to read the
    JIRA, the important message may be overlooked.

    A typical sample is this:
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-3187

    My proposal is, stopping sync the code change from GitHub to JIRA; Only
    keep necessary notifications like "A PR is created/closed" etc. For the
    code change, people should go to GitHub code history, not JIRA.

    Please express your ideas; If no objection in the next couple of days, we
    will raise a change request to the infrastructure team.

    Thanks for your input!

    Best regards,

    Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
    Apache Kylin PMC