indeed. By adding the hbase-server and hbase common jars the pb seems to be
fixed.

    Le vendredi 11 janvier 2019 à 11:11:40 UTC+1, ShaoFeng Shi
<shaofeng...@apache.org> a écrit :

 It seems missing some HBase class; The HFile.class should be in
hbase-server-<version>.jar, not sure whether it is EMR's package issue. You
can unzip the HBase jar files to see which jar has the class, and then add
it to spark/lib folder.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFile
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.HFileOutputFormat2$1.getNewWriter(HFileOutputFormat2.java:305)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.HFileOutputFormat2$1.write(HFileOutputFormat2.java:229)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.HFileOutputFormat2$1.write(HFileOutputFormat2.java:167)
    at
org.apache.spark.internal.io.HadoopMapReduceWriteConfigUtil.write(SparkHadoopWriter.scala:356)
    at
org.apache.spark.internal.io.SparkHadoopWriter$$anonfun$4.apply(SparkHadoopWriter.scala:130)
    at
org.apache.spark.internal.io.SparkHadoopWriter$$anonfun$4.apply(SparkHadoopWriter.scala:127)
    at
org.apache.spark.util.Utils$.tryWithSafeFinallyAndFailureCallbacks(Utils.scala:1415)

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC
Work email: shaofeng....@kyligence.io