Hi kang-sen:
    I do some test about Q1, {D1 to D10} have been included in an aggregation
group and {D1 to D9} have been added into mandatory dimension. Then kylin only
generates Cuboid {D1 to D10}(base Cuboid) which I expect {D1 to D10} and {D1 to
D9}. When I add {D1 to D8} in to mandatory dimension, kylin generates Cuboid
{D1 to D10}, {D1 to D8, D9} and {D1 to D8, D10} which I expect {D1 to D10}, {D1
to D8, D9}, {D1 to D8, D10} and {D1 to D8}. About your Q1, I think the answer
is ONLY ONE cuboid {D1 to D10} has been generated. But according the blog ("if
a dimension is specified as “mandatory”, then all of the combinations without
such dimension can be pruned"), the Cuboid {D1 to D9} should't been pruned.
Maybe someone else can give more detail.
    Q2 is similar with this email
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/3ccc8d7f98748d7c590c01c7da6ce666a16c4fe2b34be070940cae8f@%3Cuser.kylin.apache.org%3E
 and jira https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-2149 . Now kylin will
prevent config overlapping hierachy, mandatory and joint. Although the minds of
three aggregation rule are different and even contradictory, auto merging those
rules into Cuboids is feasible. For now, the restriction of aggregation group
can't realize your requirement which I think is common. May be the jira
KYLIN-2149 can be resolved in the future.

                                                       Best regards
                                                            yuzhang

| |
yuzhang