On 04/14/09 21:19, André Schnabel wrote:

Hi André,

- What are the restrictions we have to face?
Restricted resources for distribution were mentioned - I'd lik to see
concrete numbers here. Esp. the question if these limited resources are
under our control or not is important.

a few weeks ago I've done a little calculation on the basis of OOo 3.0.1 with 160 MB for a full install build (average) and 17-29 MB for a langpack (depends on platform):

- 6 plattforms (8 with the differentiation of rpm and deb)
- 1 full install set per language for all platforms = ~2.2 GB
- 1 langpack for all platforms                      = ~0.1 GB
- little things like SDK builds and source tarballs = ~0.5 GB

So, a full release with 1 language costs ~2.8 GB.

The OOo Wiki lists 97 languages for langpacks. *If* we would build for all these languages a full install set, too, then we need ~225 GB.

I don't know the exact limit for the (extended) mirrors but I think with a few more languages we will reach it very fast. Currently RC1 occupies ~60 GB of space.

HTH

Best regards

Marcus