Hi Goran,

On Wednesday, 2009-08-19 20:58:19 +0200, Goran Rakic wrote:

> Is there something we in Serbian native-lang should do about switching
> to RFC4646 in ODF 1.2 and is this related to language code used in
> OpenOffice.org localization?

No. OOo doesn't handle RFC4646 language tags yet, nor does it handle the
new fo:script attribute that would be sufficient for the distinction of
Serbian/Latin and Serbian/Cyrillic, RFC4646 would not be necessary for
that.

> Currently usage of "sh" for Serbian Latin is suboptimal but it is the
> only working solution. With full support for RFC4646 in OpenOffice.org
> we would be able to have sr and sr-Latn, and also support for Serbian
> Ijekavian dialect[1] both on document language level and UI
> localization.

Well, dialects would make the support of RFC4646 necessary.

> How this can be mapped to glibc locales, where sr, s...@latin and
> unofficial s...@ije (optional country code RS) are used so users can get
> correct localization based on environment settings?

We'd need some special treatment to accomplish that. I'll also have to
workout a concept that will allow us to transport scripts and language
tags through the existing API Locale struct.

  Eike

--
 OOo/SO Calc core developer. Number formatter stricken i18n transpositionizer.
 SunSign   0x87F8D412 : 2F58 5236 DB02 F335 8304  7D6C 65C9 F9B5 87F8 D412