On 02/03/2010, Florian Effenberger <flo...@openoffice.org> wrote:
> Hi Louis,
>
> Louis Suarez-Potts wrote on 2010-02-27 17.31:
>
>> On behalf of the Community Council, I would like to announce the new round
>> of elections for the Council and start the process by asking the
>> OpenOffice.org Community members to nominate those they think would best
>> contribute both to the Council and to OpenOffice.org. You may nominate
>> yourself.
[snip]

> I'd like to nominate John McCreesh, Co-Lead of the Marketing Project and
> its former Lead, for a second term. John has ever since been working in
> the spirit of the community, and I respect his wisdom and his way of
> collaborating, as well as his enthusiasm. I'm sure that having him on
> the Council for a second term would greatly contribute to the efforts of
> our community.
>
> I already asked John, and he agreed to being nominated for a second term.

I'd like to thank Florian for his nomination, but after careful
consideration I've decided not to stand for re-election after all. The
Council Constitution states "Product development and Lang members are
discouraged from serving successive terms" and I think this is a wise
provision for all CC members. It's been a privilege to serve the
Community on the Council, but I believe that we should encourage new
people to stand, to bring new perspectives and new energy to the
Council. When a "well known face" stands for re-election, others are
reluctant to put their names forward.

So, thanks to all who have sent your kind messages of support - and if
anyone has been hesitating about putting their names forward, please
don't wait to be asked - give it a try!

John