Hi Michael,

On Thursday, 2011-04-14 15:32:25 +0100, Michael Bauer wrote:

> Well, gd or gd-GB is all the same really. Or paraphrasing, are you
> saying the spellchecker isn't working because it's identifying
> itself as gd and OO is expecting gd-GB or the other way round?

No, the text attribution is gd-GB, but there's a fall back to language
only if no spell checker was found for a specific language-country
combination and that should match 'gd'. Well, at least it ought to work
that way..

> If that's the case, fixing the spellchecker is easy enough

If the fall back doesn't work for some reason, registering the spell
checker for 'gd' and 'gd-GB' should do.

> >P.S.: As you're not subscribed to the mailing list you were posting to,
> >you will miss replies that are directed to the list only. When answering,
> >please reply only to the list (Reply-To header is set), not to my
> >personal account. Thanks.
> Ah another sore point. I've tried. I went to
> http://l10n.openoffice.org/mailing-lists.html and sent an email to
> dev-subscr...@l10n.openoffice.org but no response.

Sigh.. that page is a leftover from the old site. The correct page is
http://openoffice.org/projects/l10n/lists (Mailing Lists in the left
side pane under Project Features) and the subscription would use the
address you registered as OOo mail forward. For more degrees of freedom
send a mail to sy...@l10n.openoffice.org from your account and in the
body one line with

subscribe dev@l10n.openoffice.org

(hopefully, I never tried that)
If it doesn't work try

subscribe dev

without the domain part.

> For some reason
> OO really doesn't like my email. Clicking on the Direct Link on that
> page (http://l10n.openoffice.org/servlets/ProjectMailingListList)
> leads to a dead page.

Old site again..

  Eike