Libcloud is a Python library that abstracts away the differences among
multiple cloud provider APIs. It allows users to manage cloud services
(servers, storage, loadbalancers, DNS) offered by many different providers
through a single, unified and easy to use API.
We are pleased to announce the release of Libcloud 1.3.0!
- Introduced new base API for instantiating drivers
- Added certificate path for SLES12/OpenSUSE12
- Deprecate DigitalOcean v1 API support in favour of v2 API
- Deprecate RunAbove cloud drivers in favour of new OVH cloud driver
- Fix reporting function for detailed admin logs in Dimension Data Driver
- Added edit firewall functionality to Dimension Data driver
- Bugfix - Fixed listing nodes issue in Python 3 libvirt
- Added FCU (Flexible Compute Unit) support to the Outscale driver.
- [google compute] Add "WINDOWS" guestOsFeatures option.
- When creating volumes on OpenStack with defaults for `location` or
newer OpenStack versions would throw errors. The OpenStack driver
will now only
post those arguments if non-`NoneType`.
- When fetching the node details of a non-existing node, OpenStack would raise a
`BaseHTTPError` instead of returning `None`, as was intended. Fixed
tests and code.
- Added `ex_stop_node` to the OpenStack driver.
- When creating volume snapshot, the arguments `name` and
`description` are truely
optional when working with newer OpenStack versions. The OpenStack
driver will now
only post thost arguments if they are non-`NoneType`.
- StorageVolumeSnapshot now has an attribute `name` that has the name
of the snapshot
if the provider supports it. This used to be `.extra['name']`, but
that is inconsistent
with `Node` and `StorageVolume`. The `extra` dict still holds `name`
- Introduced new Racher driver
- Fixed bug in Docker util library for fetching images from the docker
hub API. API
was returning 301 and redirects were not being followed.
- Added fetch tags support in elb driver
- Added storage permissions for Google Cloud Storage
Full change log can be found at
Libcloud 1.3.0 can be downloaded from http://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html
or installed using pip:
pip install apache-libcloud
If you have installed Libcloud using pip you can also use it to upgrade it:
pip install --upgrade apache-libcloud
A page which describes backward incompatible or semi-incompatible
changes and how to preserve the old behavior when this is possible
can be found at http://libcloud.apache.org/upgrade-notes.html.
API documentation can be found at https://libcloud.readthedocs.io/en/latest/.
We also have a new Sphinx documentation which can be found at
Bugs / Issues
If you find any bug or issue, please report it on our issue tracker
Don't forget to attach an example and / or test which reproduces your problem.
Thanks to everyone who contributed and made this release possible! Full list of
people who contributed to this release can be found in the CHANGES file