Started to maintain my old [July 2015] multicloud series of 59 libraries:
https://github.com/offscale?q=off&language=python

[background]
It uses Apache Libcloud extensively to create and destroy nodes (network,
firewall, storage, containers were [are?] a planned feature).

Uses etcd to store the nodes that have been deployed using Apache Libcloud.
Deploys onto nodes using Fabric (SSH as implemented by Paramiko).

Just started going through the whole thing and updating everything to
Python 2/3 compatibility, supporting latest etcd and latest thread-safe
Python 2/3 Fabric.

Looks like the pickle method I'd been using for marshalling is going to be
an issue in terms of compatibility (also it is nice for debugging and
analytics to just load/dump as JSON things in etcd).
[/background]

My `def node_to_dict(node)` is a hack. As is my `def dict_to_node(d):`. Any
chance we can get JSON representation of Nodes for each provider in Apache
Libcloud? - Happy to contrib once you've done the first couple of examples
so I don't break some API principle you're specifying.

Thanks for your consideration,

Samuel Marks
Charity <https://sydneyscientific.org> | consultancy <https://offscale.io>
| open-source <https://github.com/offscale> | LinkedIn
<https://linkedin.com/in/samuelmarks>

PS: In case you are interested in this project, I am actually planning to
throwout Python and rewrite the whole thing in C (C89) to better support
every OS target. As for the multicloud in C I'm sure I'll start a very
offtopic thread here when I'm ready to implement its API