Hi,

I have been trying to setup a single node development environment for Contrail
with DPDK based vRouter. I am facing issues there and struggling to understand
the overall process as I don't find any online documentation in this regard.
All information that I get is related to configuring DPDK based vRouter in
binary-packages based setup. I would really appreciate if anyone out there can
help me here

Following are the steps I followed-

Initially I followed contrail-installer guidelines as a reference-

https://github.com/Juniper/contrail-installer

Using above approach, though I was able to bring up a "Contrail + Devstack"
setup up but it has vRouter installed as a Kernel module and no
"contrail-vrouter-dpdk" binary is generated.

Therefore, I did following steps to generate a "contrail-vrouter-dpdk" binary-

1.      Downloaded dpdk code base (version 2.1) to "third_party/dpdk" folder

2.      Update packages.make to include CONTRAIL_VROUTER_DPDK in sources

3.      Some other tweaking in following files to get "countrail-vrouter-dpdk"
binary compiled successfully

a.      /opt/stack/contrail/controller/src/config/utils/provision_vrouter.py,

b.      vRouter/SConscript,

c.      third_party/dpdk and vRouter/dpdk/ files

Thereafter taking reference from fabric-utils
(contrail-fabric-utils\fabfile\tasks\install.py  and
contrail-fabric-utils\fabfile\utils\install.py) files I get to the point where
in 'get_compute_pkgs' routine, it tries to fetch 'contrail-vrouter-dpdk-init'
package

However I am unable to locate this 'contrail-vrouter-dpdk-init' package
anywhere.

Now I have two queries here-

1.      Is this package available online somewhere? And,

2.      Is there some other mechanism to Initialize/configure DPDK based
vRouter on the compute node in development source based installation?

Br, Deepak
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for
the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose
other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus."