Hi all,

As we all know we are planning to have an ARB at least for the first public
release.
We had a discussion in the TSC call today and it seems we came up with two

Here is the compare and contrast as described in
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dxTTU9a6P9wdu4Vd1tkonHp-D4xRbW_DyoDMZ0WDD1M/edit

ARB part of TSC:

  *   ARB is standing subcommittee of TSC and PTLs with delegates or elected
members of one of these bodies constituting ARB.
  *   TSC explicitly delegates ARB charter and provides oversight to ARB
  *   Clear separation of powers would be necessary to avoid bogging down TSC.
For example TSC controls release schedule, use cases, definition of release,
schedule, high level quality requirements. While ARB controls all API's
(external and inter components), overall product architecture, reviews
individual blueprints, and can selectively review (and -2) critical code
segments.

ARB not part of TSC:

  *   Works under an independent charter. Members are elected at large they do
not have to be members of the TSC or PTL body.
  *   At least one core member from the project should be part of ARB review
  *   TSC and ARB operate under separate charters, but division of
responsibilities is similar to the proposal above. For example TSC controls
release schedule, use cases, definition of release, schedule, high level
quality requirements. While ARB controls all API's (external and inter
components), overall product architecture, reviews individual blueprints, and
can selectively review (and -2) critical code segments

At the point I am polling for any other options to put on the table. Please
propose by end of Wednesday 9/27. I will be consolidating any new options and
send out a voting poll on Thursday, hoping to close this decision by end of the
week.

Regards,

Joseph

--