From: Dev [mailto:dev-boun...@lists.opencontrail.org] On Behalf Of Valentine
Sinitsyn
Sent: Saturday, March 3, 2018 7:24 PM
To: CARVER, PAUL <pc2...@att.com>
Cc: annou...@lists.opencontrail.org; dev@lists.opencontrail.org
Subject: Re: [opencontrail-dev] We have a new name!!!

Paul seems to have a strong background in Physics or Material Sciences. :)

Which is very welcome, as mine is also in Solid State Physics and Quantum
Mechanics.

Valentine

On Mar 3, 2018 17:21, "CARVER, PAUL" <pc2...@att.com<mailto:pc2...@att.com>>
wrote:
You’re thinking of polycrystalline tungsten. This is tungsten FABRIC where the
warp and weft of the fabric allude to the pure single-crystalline form
(admittedly fabric isn’t body centered cubic, but the name is merely evocative)
which retains its hardness but is more ductile and malleable. And when combined
with OpenStack, Tungsten Fabric forms a superalloy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superalloy suitable for ultra-high performance
applications such as gas turbines and the nozzles of rocket engines.

As with tungsten, Tungsten Fabric is best used in combination with other
material where it lends it high melting point and tensile strength to the
complementary properties of the weaker materials with which it is combined.

--
Paul Carver
VoIP: 732-545-7377