Hi,

I setup openshift origin cluster with dnsmasq enabled.

I found that within cluster dns didn't function correctly.

For example, within pod, "nameserver 172.30.0.1" was not added in
/etc/resolv.conf.

And service names, endpoints couldn't be resolved.

After setting openshift_use_dnsmasq = false and reinstalled cluster, it seemed
that dns started to work.

Why should openshift_use_dnsmasq be set to false?

I also read the documentation in below link.

https://docs.openshift.org/1.2/install_config/install/prerequisites.html#prereq-dns

I'm still not quite understand when dnsmasq should be disabled.

"for example, if your /etc/resolv.conf is managed by a configuration tool other
than NetworkManager".

I setup openshift origin cluster on VMs provisioned by openstack.

For my environments, should I disable dnsmasq? Or did I make any improper
configurations?

Thanks,

Jared, (韦煜)
Software developer
Interested in open source software, big data, Linux