From: dev-boun...@lists.openshift.redhat.com
<dev-boun...@lists.openshift.redhat.com> On Behalf Of Clayton Coleman
Sent: jeudi, 6 juin 2019 12:15
To: Alix ander <mysteriousm...@hotmail.com>
Cc: OpenShift Users List <us...@lists.openshift.redhat.com>;
dev@lists.openshift.redhat.com
Subject: Re: OKD 4.x

We’re currently working on how Fedora CoreOS will integrate into OKD.  There’s
a fair chunk of work that needs to be done and FCoS has a broader mission than
RHCoS does, so its a bit further behind (since OpenShift 4 / OKD 4 require an
OS with ignition and ostree).  Stay tuned, I was going to write out a work plan
for this and share it here.  There’s no current plan for a centos version,
since there’s a lot of interest in FCoS for a newer kernel.

Until that happens, try.openshift.com<http://try.openshift.com> makes it easy
to get an evaluation of OCP4 for test and development even if you don’t have a
subscription.

On Jun 6, 2019, at 6:04 AM, Alix ander
<mysteriousm...@hotmail.com<mailto:mysteriousm...@hotmail.com>> wrote:

hey guys,

> OKD is upstream code base upon which Red Hat OpenShift Online and Red Hat
> OpenShift Container Platform are built

[red hat openshift 4 is now
available](https://blog.openshift.com/red-hat-openshift-4-is-now-available/)

Does any body know if  there is any plan for OKD 4.x ? I am unable to find any
information regarding OKD especially for bare metal.

Here
<https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/4.1/installing/installing_bare_metal/installing-bare-metal.html>
 is a documentation for installing the container-platform on bare-metal which
uses Red Hat Enterprise Linux CoreOS(RHCOS) which presuppose red hat
subscription. RHCOS will not be possible though to use on OKD - Is there
something like CentOS for CoreOS ?

Cheers,
Alix