On 24 Jul 2019, 04:57 -0500, Daniel Comnea <comnea.d...@gmail.com>, wrote:

> > > Easy enough. It’s been done time and again. Let’s give it a whirl. Since
> > > I’m the one complaining perhaps I can put my name in for consideration.
> > >
> > [DC]: i understood not everyone is okay with logging any activity due to
> > GDPR so i think this goes off the table

GDPR has very little to do with this and can be easily mitigated. Your
communication on IRC is logged via handles and IP addresses, and the right to
be forgotten only applies to personal identifiable information and is not
absolute. As for the public domain, when someone enters a public channel, there
can be an explicit statement they consent to their information they have
provided entering the public domain. Their continuing use of the channel
implies they consent. If someone want’s the handle, let’s say an email address
scrubbed, then so be it. Otherwise, there’s nothing of interest. But, yet
again, if they used the channel with explicit notification, their use is
consent.

Using GDPR as an excuse is fear mongering by people who don’t understand it.

Justin Cook