On Thu, Aug 1, 2019, at 3:32 PM, Diane Mueller-Klingspor wrote:

> All,
>
> Here are the meeting recording and notes from yesterday's OKD Working
> Group meeting. If you are interested in participating in this group,
> please join the google group for future meeting announcements and
> discussion.
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/okd-wg

Why the new mailing list?

This email is the only hint that all discussion was going to vacate dev@... it
wasn't even hinted to in the subject line.

I joined dev and users a while back so I'd be able to follow the community and
contribute where possible. What's wrong with dev@? At the very least, dev@
should have received all mail from okd-wg@ for some transition period while
folks figure out how to subscribe without a Google account. I now realize a
month later that there's been important discussions I've missed, and that are
also missing from my e-mail archive, so won't come up in my mailbox searches.

I may be the only one making the complaint, but it's hard to cultivate
community when you leave behind those who'd tried to join it more than a week
ago.

I'm happy to see a genuine effort to bootstrap a community; I just hate that
you threw away the community you already had.

V/r,
James Cassell

P.S., is there a way to get Google groups to mail you messages that were sent
before you joined the list?

P.P.S, I subscribe to a lot of lists, and a subject line more line this one
would have gotten my attention (amongst the noise)  and I'd have subscribed
right away to the new list.