Hi,

On 2018-12-25 09:32, bill-auger wrote:
see especially, notes 8, 10, 11, 12, 13

About note 8: all those packages are installed, I think, due to a bug in
installation from the iso you used. If you use the openrc-cli-dual-complete
iso, you will not have them installed. I tested from
openrc-cli-x86_64-netinstall iso (I was going to report it when I saw this
email) and I get all these packages installed:

systemd
systemd-libsystemd
systemd-nss-systemd
systemd-nss-myhostname
systemd-nss-mymachines
systemd-nss-resolve
libsystemd
systemd-common

And I think it shouldn't be the case, as there aren't any systemd packages
in an installation from the openrc-cli-dual-complete iso.

so we
can make the wiki procedure as
clear and robust as possible

I think we can already clarify some procedures in
the installation guide (as setting hostname when using openrc, for
example), in particular this paragraph:

5 Service management

Parabola GNU/Linux-libre uses a:systemd as init, which is a system and
service manager for Linux. For maintaining your Parabola GNU/Linux-libre installation, it is a good idea to learn the basics about it. Interaction with systemd is done through the systemctl command. Read a:systemd#Basic
systemctl usage for more information.

that should also be added a link to openrc wiki page.

I can add notes about setting the hostname, keymap and change that
paragraph, and submit it to the wiki, if you all agree with that.

José Alberto