On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 3:56 PM, Emilien Macchi <emil...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 4:02 AM, Alfredo Moralejo Alonso <
> amora...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> One of the goals for RDO during this cycle is to carry out a PoC of
>> python3 packaging using Fedora 28 as base OS. I'd like to update about the
>> current status about the tasks related to this goal so that all involved
>> teams can take required actions:
>>
>> 1. A initial stabilized fedora repos is available and ready to be used:
>>     - The repo configuration is in https://trunk.rdoproject.org/f
>> edora/dlrn-deps.repo
>>     - It contains only a subset of packages in Fedora 28 repo. If more
>> packages are required, they can be added sending a review to
>> fedora-stable-config repo, as in https://review.rdoproject.org/
>> r/#/c/13744/
>>     - We are still implementing some periodic updates on that repo.
>>
>> 2. A DLRN builder has been created using fedora-stable repo in
>> https://trunk.rdoproject.org/fedora . Note that only packages with
>> python3 subpackages are being built on it. We will keep adding new packages
>> as specs are ready.
>>
>> 3. A new image and node type rdo-fedora-stable have been created in
>> review.rdoproject.org and it's ready to be used in jobs as needed.
>>
>> Please, let us know using this mail list or #rdo channel in freenode if
>> you need further help with regards with this topic.
>>

> Thanks for these updates, I guess my question is: what's next?
> Are we going to build containers and store them in a registry? I'm asking
> so we can start testing these packages in TripleO experimental CI.

I think we can work in different areas in parallel:

- From RDO, point of view, main activity is keep adding all required
packages to the DLRN builder needed for the PoC (glance + keystone
deployment).
- From TripleO side, i'd say we should be able to build some containers
(base, openstack-base, mariadb, etc...). I've done some quick check and
some work in kolla will be needed (fedora is not currently supported at
all). This would be a good starting point and additional containers could
be added as packages are provided in RDO.
- From CI perspective, i'd like to hear from CI team, I see several options:
   * Building the containers as RDO and kolla becomes ready for
fedora-stable in periodic pipeline in RDO's zuul.
   * Adding jobs to kolla gate.
   * Once we have support for a deployment using these containers in
TripleO (with a limited set of services), adding jobs to TripleO
experimental CI looks reasonable.

These are just some initial ideas, I may be missing some needed tasks, let
me know.