Hi Rimas,

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 7:39 PM, Rimas Kudelis <r...@akl.lt> wrote:

> and there I was wondering: do we actually NEED the ultra-powerful TinyMCE
> for simple email composition? Maybe something lighter would do just as well?
> For example, the standard zipped distribution of NicEdit
> (http://nicedit.com/) appears to be 50 times smaller than standard zipped
> distribution of TinyMCE. So again, do we really need all the bloat that
> TinyMCE has to offer?

You mean that TinyMCE actually is not so tiny...?

I would like to warn against replacing it with a different editor; the
rich text editor is a pretty important component, and should be
dependable, working in all browsers, and be coming from an active
project. TInyMCE is a very active project, which will ensure
continuity. Of course, it is not bug-free and it might be a little
big, but changing to a different editor is risky and comes at a cost
as well.

BTW Wordpress uses TinyMCE with a very minimal button set and
monochrome buttons, if you're concerned about the looks and usability,
it might be worth a look.

--
Mike